United India Insurance, Is a premium medicliam policy provider company. It offers many Mediclaim policies according to your need. You can trust this company as its a nationalized company in general insurance since 1972 and has various branches in over 200 Tier II and III cities. Company is offering various kind of insurance products.
Mainly they are known to offer good mediclaim policy plans. Few of them are as follows -
- Family Medicare
- Gold Mediclaim Policy
- Platinum Mediclaim Policy
- Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
- Super Top Up Mediclaim Policy
- Topup Mediclaim Policy
You can grab more details about each individual plan by going to their official website by clicking here.
In this article is mainly focused on their much talked about insurance plan, which is Platinum Mediclaim policy.
The United India Insurance Platinum Mediclaim Policy Covers following expenses:
- Nursing expenses up to 1% of sum insured/day. Includes – RMO and IV infusion charges too.
- Room rent, boarding expenses
- Blood transfusion/ICU/Injection charges.
- Oxygen, blood, operation theater expenses, medicine costs, diagnostic testx, dialysis, x-ray, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, artificial limbs, pacemaker and anesthesia expenses.
- 30 Days Pre and post hospitalization Cover.
- Critical Illness are covered upto a limit and hospitalization expenses including organ cost is covered.
Minimum age to get insured is 3 months. Anyone can get insurance cover of Minimum Rs 50000 and upto Rs 5 Lakhs.
Main Diseases which are not covered are:
- Pyrexia of unknown Origin for less than 10 days
- Tonsillitis and Upper Respiratory Tract infection including Laryngitis and pharangitis
- Chronic Nephritis and Nephritic Syndrome, Diabetes Mellitus
- Diarrhoea and all type of Dysenteries including Gastroenteritis
- Influenza, Cough and Cold
- All Psychiatric or Psychosomatic Disorders
- Arthritis, Gout and Rheumatism
Main Benefits To focus on is : Good period of Pre and Post hospitalization cover and liftime renewable facility. Yet it tax free under 80C.